Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekend Vacation

So we spent the weekend with our good friends the Langdons at a friend's cozy condo in Big Bear, CA. As if breathing the fresh mountain air wasn't enough, we thought it would be fun to go to the annual Oktoberfest. We planned on having a few drinks, doing the chicken dance once or twice, and checking out the men in Lederhosen. We had no idea that Kelly and I would soon become the Women's Log Sawing champions! What an ironic thing to happen to two desert girls. Logs are few and far between out here:) I went on to place 2nd in the Stein holding competition, and then Kelly and Brett won the Hansel and Gretel log sawing competition as well. It was hilarious. We seriously couldn't stop laughing at the ridiculousness of it. The contestants were other unsuspecting people from the audience so it's not like we were up against pros. 

The weekend continued with shopping in the Village and pine cone hunting around the condo. Ian said "These pine cones are as big as my head!". And indeed, they were. And if you know how big Ian's head is, that's really saying something!  We had fun dressing the girls in matching outfits and jammies, and Brett made us an amazing breakfast both days complete with homemade waffles. Kelly and I of course supplied the mimosas. I think that Shawn even had fun, and with him it's always hard to tell! I'm sure that meeting the Jagermeister girl didn't hurt his feelings in any case. I'm so excited for October, we have fun-filled plans for every weekend beginning with Anna's birthday party and PJ's coed bachelor poker party. We'll be visiting Disneyland, traveling to Phoenix for PJ's wedding, going pumpkin picking in Oak Glen, and possibly returning to Big Bear for the log sawing championship. Kelly and I decided that if we win we'll join the professional log-sawing circuit and possibly be on log sawing TV :) The last weekend we'll be hosting a Halloween party and taking the kids trick-or-treating in their Alice in Wonderland themed costumes. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!

No comments: