Monday, October 13, 2008

Disneyland!



We picked up Suzie at LAX on Saturday night and drug her to Disneyland kicking and screaming on Sunday :) Not really, I think she actually enjoyed it as much as the kids did! We went directly to Downtown Disney after LAX and ate dessert at the Rainforest Cafe. Ian was TERRIFIED of the animatronic animals and passed out on my lap, possibly of sheer terror. Shawn and I split a Margarilla, which is like a margarita with orange sherbert and we each ate an order of Bananas Foster, which was heavenly. So we stayed Saturday night at the Ramada in Garden Grove, not realizing that it was Korea town. Not that it makes a difference, but I had not expected the hilarity of drunken Asian karaoke at our hotel until the wee hours. They were singing Pink Floyd which makes it extra hilarious. I could barely contain my giggles as I checked into the front desk but tried REALLY hard not to burst out laughing because I didn't want to offend the hotel manager. Disneyland the next morning was a BLAST and we all enjoyed ourselves immensely (even Shawn! See the teacup pictures for proof!). I see a yearly pass purchase in our near future. The Halloween decorations were AMAZING, especially since I'm a huge fan of Nightmare Before Christmas and a huge fan of Halloween in general. It's so awesome to see a spectacle like Disneyland through a child's eyes! The kids LOVED the characters and the music and the rides and Ian asked if we could go every weekend. With yearly passes and it only being a 2 hour drive, I think we could maybe go every other month at least... or monthly if it was up to me. Enjoy the photos!

No comments: