As if Shawn wasn't lucky enough for being able to go fishing out on the ocean on Friday, I had a wild hair and decided that we should go see one of our favorite bands, the Dropkick Murphys at the Hollywood Palladium. We were able to find two tickets from someone who wasn't able to go, and after fishing Shawn and Brett drove up to Point Hueneme to pick them up. Jennifer and I took a chance and decided we'd try to get tickets at the box office. Anyway, long story short, the show was sold out but the universe was on our side and we were able to get two tickets outside the gate from people who just happened to have extra and at a lower price than what we would have paid online. Dropkick fans are the best! We're so lucky! We had a fantastic time! I think Jennifer may have been terrified at one point during the show when the crowed erupted into a jumping, shoving, screaming mass, but I think she quickly learned to enjoy it :) I think we'll be making the short, 2 hour trip to Hollywood more often for concerts. The venue was historic (Frank Sinatra opened up the place!) and it's small enough that you can actually SEE the band. Hell, Shawn and I made our way up to the barricade in front of the stage about halfway through the concert. I wouldn't have been able to give Spicy McHaggis a kiss otherwise! I also have to say that the Denny's on Sunset Strip is by far the best Denny's I have EVER been to, lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment