Monday, July 07, 2008

I'm Going To Need More Pina Coladas

Today reality set in. We're leaving in 11 days. When my sister mentioned that pulling away from the house is going to be the hardest part... I lost it. This has been hard on all of us. No matter how much I've wanted to leave the last 12 years, part of me still loves Kansas.

I am still excited to go, however. The thought of sitting by the pool having a margarita with Jen or going shopping with Mayda or Mom or Kelly or having dad come over helping us with the house (whenever we get one!) are all very motivating reasons. Having someone to always play SingStar with sounds like fun too :) No matter how much I want to go, it's still just really hard. Shawn says I'm not allowed to complain because this is what we decided to do. I'll just suck it up, have a pina colada, and enjoy the ride.

No comments: